SUPERIOR RISK-ADJUSTED RETURNS
Pioneers in the live, work, play movement since the 1990s, Carter is now one of the nation’s premier mixed-use developers. Harnessing a development’s true potential through bold vision and execution is our specialty.
With a unique focus on partnerships involving both private and public entities, we offer innovative environments for work and play.
From complicated mixed-use developments across multiple asset classes, our team draws upon experience to provide quality integrated spaces that enhance the surrounding community.
EXPERIENCE AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Over $5 billion of assets acquired, repositioned, developed, or sold since 1958.
- As managing member of two value-add real estate opportunity funds, Carter Real Estate Funds I and II and a number of individual assets, Carter has invested in over 25 assets with a capitalization of over $875 million since 2004.
Carter has partnered with some of the country’s top financial institutions, equity partners and lenders. These include:
- The Carlyle Group
- Colonial Properties Trust
- Fortress Investment Group
- Greenfield Partners
- Hunt Investment Management
- Jamestown Properties
- Kayne Anderson Real Estate Advisors
- Morgan Stanley Real Estate Funds
- Nicol Investment Company
- Pacific Coast Capital Partners
- Piedmont Office Realty Trust
- Property Investment Advisors (PIA)
- USAA Real Estate Company
- Atlantic Capital Bank
- Fifth Third Bank
- Heritage Bank
- Huntington Bank
- PNC Bank
- Regions Bank
- State Bank and Trust
- Wells Fargo
Carter’s depth of investment management experience creates a unique competitive advantage for our investment partners seeking to maximize asset performance.