Carter, in partnership with K. King & Co. and Healey Weatherholtz Properties, is redeveloping Turner Field, an 83-acre mixed use project in downtown Atlanta with Georgia State University as the anchor.
The private development team is developing 35 acres into a mixed-use neighborhood including corporate office uses, traditional multifamily apartments, specialty and neighborhood retail and private student apartments. Since closing in January 2017, there has been over $510 million in investment either constructed or planned within the development or just a few blocks from the development.
Georgia State University owns the stadium property, which they have renovated into their football stadium. They will also construct a new baseball field with approximately 1,500 seats on the former Atlanta Fulton County Stadium location.
Phase I of the private development includes:
- 306 multi-family apartment units with 8,575 sf of retail
- 82,000 sf grocery-anchored retail
- Redevelopment of 47,000 sf along Georgia Avenue, including existing retail and retail in new stand-alone buildings and creative/loft space
- 676-bed student housing project
- 100 for-sale townhomes*
- 120-key hotel with 9,000 sf retail
- Corporate build-to-suit office
Our team’s vision is to activate the streets of Summerhill into a vibrant, walkable, commercial corridor. The combination of new and existing commercial buildings will create an accessible, human-scale place where people want to eat, shop, and hang out with friends or coworkers.