SUPERIOR RISK-ADJUSTED RETURNS
With over 5 decades of seasoned experience and strong relationships, Carter is able to move quickly, strategically and wisely in finding investment opportunities for our clients.
Experience and Achievements
- Over $5 billion of assets acquired, repositioned, developed, or sold since 1958.
- As managing member of two value-add real estate opportunity funds, Carter Real Estate Funds I and II and a number of individual assets, Carter has invested in over 25 assets with a capitalization of over $875 million since 2004.
The Carter Real Estate Fund II (CREF II)
- Capitalization of over $240 million.
- Consists of well-located office, medical office, mixed-use and residential development projects and assets with value-add potential in the southeastern United States and Ohio.
The Carter Real Estate Fund I (CREF I)
- Capitalization of over $300 million.
- Consists of well-located office, business park, industrial, retail and residential development projects and assets with value-add potential in the southeastern United States.
Carter has partnered with some of the country's top financial institutions as lenders and equity partners. These include:
- The Carlyle Group
- Colonial Properties Trust
- East Rock
- Fortress Investment Group
- Griffin Realty Advisors
- Morgan Stanley
- Property Investment Advisors (PIA)
- USAA Real Estate Company
- Atlantic Capital Bank
- Heritage Bank
- Northwestern Mutual Life
- PNC Bank
- Principal Life
- Regions Bank
- State Bank and Trust
- Wells Fargo