Every month we'll profile a different member of the Carter team, giving you a little glimpse inside the personalities that make our company so robust and unique. This week we are getting to know: Corneshia Hill, Property Administrator. If you missed our last Inside Carter post, click here.
1. With unlimited funds, where would you go on your dream vacation?
With unlimited funds I’d probably be like Oprah and give out vacations to the people around me. You get a vacation, you get a vacation, and you get a vacation. Once I felt like I’ve done enough of that, I’d probably take myself to Bora Bora for two weeks. It’s very exhausting giving away free things.
2. What is one of your favorite quotes?
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." – Maya Angelou
3. What is your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
One of my favorite outdoor activities is fishing. My Dad used to take me as a child and in the summer time I usually try to go at least one or twice per year. My favorite indoor activity would have to be playing video games. I have an Xbox, PS3, & PS4 with all of the games that goes with them.
4. If you could have a superpower for one day, what would it be?
My superpower would likely be mindreading. I’m a pretty nosey (inquisitive) person and I always want to know what people are truly thinking.
5. What would you recommend someone do or see who has never been to Atlanta before?
I’ve lived in Atlanta for 6 years now and I really haven’t experienced much- I know that’s pretty shameful, but I would have to say going to a Braves Game. There is nothing like being in the mix with Braves Fans. They really know how to have a good time regardless if the Braves win or lose.
6. If you could choose any career other than the one you have, what would it be?
I would probably choose to be a Philanthropist. I really enjoy helping people and making a difference. I think it’s important to provide a better way of living for those who are less fortunate. As Maya Angelo once said: Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
7. If you could pick up one random skill or hobby, what would you choose?
I really like horses so I would have to say horse riding. It looks pretty fun and people seem like they enjoy it a lot.
8. What is the most rewarding part of your job?
The most rewarding part of my job is bidding different maintenance contracts. I really look forward to working with different vendors, getting the best price for the job, and seeing the end results of how the project turns out.
9. If you could have lunch with a famous person – dead or alive – who would it be and why?
I would really like to sit down and have a conversation with Rosa Parks. I would like to know what gave her the inner courage on that day to be defiant in the face of hatred and racism.
10. What professional field are you simply not cut out for?
My Mother always wanted me to be a teacher, however, children require two things I lack: a lot of time and patience.