Every month we'll profile a different member of the Carter team, giving you a little glimpse inside the personalities that make our company so robust and unique. This week we are getting to know: Cortney Wells, Human Resources Generalist. If you missed our last Inside Carter post, click here.
1. With unlimited funds, where would you go on your dream vacation?
I would love to travel to Paris. Paris has the highest fashion and shopping is my obsession. With unlimited funds I could buy everything in sight. .
2. What is one of your favorite quotes?
“Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting”
3. What is your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
My favorite indoor activity is skating. Skating is a real workout but I enjoy it so much that I never realize how tired I am until after. My favorite outdoor activity is swimming.
4. If you could have a superpower for one day, what would it be?
If I could have a superpower for one day, it would be the ability to read minds. I would be able to accomplish a lot in that one day if I knew what everyone was thinking.
5. What would you recommend someone do or see who has never been to Atlanta before?
I would recommend that they visit the GA Aquarium. I have been several times and it never gets old. It is the perfect place for a date, to catch up with friends or a place for parents to take their kids.
6. If you could choose any career other than the one you have, what would it be?
A judge. I have always wanted to be a judge since I was 4 years old. I love to watch criminal cases, look at the evidence and predict the verdict.
7. If you could pick up one random skill or hobby, what would you choose?
I would love to be able to bowl. Many of my friends like to bowl and are in leagues but I cannot seem to perfect that sport.
8. What is the most rewarding part of your job?
The most rewarding part of my job is meeting people from many different backgrounds. HR allows you to come across so many different people in various fields. You learn a lot about other individual’s cultures and values.
9. If you could have lunch with a famous person – dead or alive – who would it be and why?
Oprah Winfrey. I would love to speak with her about accomplishing her goals and the advice she would provide to a young person aspiring to become just as successful.
10. What professional field are you simply not cut out for?
I am not cut out to be a police officer or Sheriff. I attempted that when I was still in college and realized that was not for me.